Meal Prep: Barbeque Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup prepared barbeque sauce, divided
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Toppings: cilantro, cheese, lime, sour cream as desired
- Combine shredded chicken with 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce in a bowl and mix until well coated.
- Arrange burrito bowls by adding 1 cup cooked rice into the bottom of each bowl or sealable lunch container. Divide chicken, beans, corn, and avocado equally among all four vessels. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each portion.
- Add toppings as desired.
Overwhelmed with leftover holiday turkey? This recipe is a great way to jazz up leftovers after a big family meal.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These bbq burrito bowls are everything! So delicious, healthy-dish, and perfect to throw together on a busy weeknight with enough left over to eat for lunch the next day. So yummy. I also love the rotisserie chicken because I usually don't have time to make chicken.
Sam Dalton says:
Really good meal prep recipe that's healthy and nutritious. I skip the rice and use greens or quinoa instead. The sauce was also delicious.
Jessica Scott says:
This bbq chicken bowl was so delicious! My husband was hesitant to try the Mexican-themed ingredients paired with barbecue sauce, but we both were super impressed with the way it turned out. It was so easy to throw together, and is perfect for meal prepping. Lots of really good flavor!
Dominique M says:
Never through bbq sauce would go good with corn and beans but I love this recipe! It's perfectly for weekly meal prep. I just pop it in the microwave and I'm good to go.
Leslie Jackson says:
Super easy and yummy! Definitely will make again!
Jordan Clark says:
My sister and I love these bowls. We used rotisserie chicken with canned black beans and canned corn. Don't slice the avocado until you're ready to eat this. Just pack it with your meal prep items. Also, store bought BBQ sauce works great.
Mike N Katie Frymier says:
This recipe was awesome and everyone in my family loved it! The ingredients were so simple but I never thought of putting them all together. I had left over grilled bbq chicken and corn on the cob - so had some ingredients already. I used garlic and onion seasoned black beans and the added flavor was tops! My bbq of choice is Sweet baby rays! This super easy and fresh dish will be a regular for sure!!