Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles
- 1 pound strawberries, trimmed and halved
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Mash strawberries in a large bowl with a fork.
- Bring strawberries, sugar, pectin, and lemon juice together in a nonstick skillet to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl to cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, and peanut butter together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Preheat a lightly oiled waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron, close, and cook until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top waffles with strawberry jelly to serve.
Gluten free? Simply substitute your favorite gluten-free flour mix for all-purpose. Try swapping the peanut butter for almond or cashew butter for a different take. If you like, top the waffles with sliced bananas, maple syrup and chopped fresh peanuts for a take on the peanut butter and banana sandwich!
What others are saying
Rachel Douglas says:
These PBJ waffles are my kids favorite (except for my daughter who despises peanut butter). They turned out pretty fantastic, and if you like peanut butter you'll be an instant fan. I bet this recipe also works wonderfully with Nutella. I will try that next time!
Jordan Clark says:
Addicted to these delicious PB&J waffles. I also mixed mashed bananas into the batter. These are perfect with probably any flavor jelly, but I used a chocolate syrup drizzle!
Sam Dalton says:
These peanut butter and jelly waffles are addicting. I'm definitely guilty of hogging these all for myself. I used store bought strawberry jelly and it was fantastic.
Greg Jones says:
Definitely one of my favorite waffle recipes to make for the entire family. It tastes just like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but better because it's a waffle. Once you try these, you'll be addicted.
Katie Hason says:
Hands down the best waffles I have ever had! Maybe it's the big kid in me, but PB&J and waffles together is a match made in heaven. I actually cut my waffles up and dipped them in a small bowl of jelly. It was that delicious! Definitely a new fave.