Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles
- 1 pound strawberries, trimmed and halved
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Mash strawberries in a large bowl with a fork.
- Bring strawberries, sugar, pectin, and lemon juice together in a nonstick skillet to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl to cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, milk, and peanut butter together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Preheat a lightly oiled waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron, close, and cook until golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top waffles with strawberry jelly to serve.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
Definitely one of my favorite waffle recipes to make for the entire family. It tastes just like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but better because it's a waffle. Once you try these, you'll be addicted.
Katie Hason says:
Hands down the best waffles I have ever had! Maybe it's the big kid in me, but PB&J and waffles together is a match made in heaven. I actually cut my waffles up and dipped them in a small bowl of jelly. It was that delicious! Definitely a new fave.