Baked Broccoli-Cheddar Nuggets
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups bread crumbs, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend broccoli and eggs in a blender until smooth; pour into a large mixing bowl and stir in cheese. Alternately, blend the ingredients in a bowl using an immersion blender, moving the wand up and down through the mixture to assure no chunks remain.
- In a separate small bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
- Stir ½ cup bread crumb mixture to the broccoli mixture; shape into nuggets.
- Pour remaining bread crumbs into a bowl. Press each nugget into bread crumbs to coat and arrange on prepared sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Part of the fun of eating these nuggets is dipping them in sauce. Try them with ranch, barbecue, or sweet and sour sauce. Or serve them with your favorite sauce.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I was surprised by these broccoli cheddar nuggets. They're actually really good. My kids love dipping them in ketchup, they put it on everything! I don't mind it, so long as they get their vegetables.
Jessica Scott says:
These broccoli and cheddar nuggets are addicting! I made them for my niece and nephew, but after trying one I couldn't stop! They were super cheesy and easy to make. If you like broccoli and cheese, you'll love this! Perfect for the little ones, and good enough for the adults too!
Geoff Villeneuve says:
They look and taste like nuggies, but they're... healthy?
Dominique M says:
These were good, but they were a little crumby. I think it would have tasted better if it was chicken, broccoli, and cheddar nuggets. My kids also thought they were good, but not great. We also used Italian-style bread crumbs, so if I make these again I would use regular bread crumbs and probably add meat.
Jordan Clark says:
The only thing I changed in this recipe was I added salt and pepper. It's hard not to snack while you're cooking, these are so yummy!
Santana Williams says:
If I could find a way to make this recipe egg-free I would give it five stars. The nuggets were really delicious, easy to make, and kid friendly. I used homemade bread crumbs too.
Kaylynn Dowing says:
Overall good flavor, but I’m not big on the texture. I like mine dipped in southwest chipotle ranch
Jade Hinshaw says:
These were absolutely amazing I’ve made them 3 times now, and they’re really good cold as left overs too!