Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup finely grated mozzarella
- Topping: pepperoni slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook zucchini until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste and water; stir until it reaches a sauce-like consistency.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni, if using.
- Broil until the cheese has melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Skip the pepperoni and make this a delicious, vegetarian treat!
What others are saying
Monica Allen says:
These zucchini pizza bites were really easy and they were delicious. Would not make these for "dinner", they're definitely an appetizer food. I gave them to my kids and they were still hungry. We did pepperoni, sauce, and a blend of different cheeses.
Rachel Douglas says:
My kids loved these zucchini pizza bites. I used little mini pepperonis instead of regular sized ones. Make a double batch if you're going to be serving these at a party, they go quick!
Bernardette Flatow says:
Delicious, nutritious and non fattening- instead of pepperoni I added olives
Greg Jones says:
I'm not a huge fan of zucchini but I love these pizza bites. Much healthier than the traditional pizza bites/rolls. I used mini pepperonis instead of the regular whole ones. These are really easy to make and taste great. The kids also eat them up like crazy, and you don't have to feel bad because it's not junk food.
Katie Hason says:
I made these zucchini pizza bites and they were amazing! This is a fantastic recipe for entertaining guests. It's also a healthy game day appetizer idea. This is my new Friday night fave.