Turkey Meatballs with Quinoa and Zucchini
- 1½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa
- ½ white onion, grated
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons ground oregano
- ground black pepper to taste
- (Optional) Toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, prepared tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or coat thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, onion, zucchini, egg, parsley, garlic, soy sauce, oregano, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well to combine.
- Form meatballs using 1½ tablespoons of mixture; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until firm and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and warm tomato sauce, if desired.
Skip the spaghetti and and make romaine lettuce boats for the meatballs.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I'm officially obsessed with this recipe! I swear you could not even taste the quinoa or zucchini. These meatballs are by far one of my favorite, and not only that but they are so delicious. I smothered them in tomato sauce and ate them without anything else. I don't use ground turkey a lot when I cook, but this dish does not lack any flavor.
Sam Dalton says:
Really good meatballs, especially for someone like myself that is new to eating quinoa. Goes perfectly with tomato sauce and noodles.
Monica Allen says:
Favorite! I let the meatballs chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking. The flavor was so good, I ate them alone. I used mixed quinoa instead of white, not sure if it made a difference. These are great for meal prepping too!
Anthony Cohen says:
These meatballs turned out great. They weren't greasy, they held together nicely, and you couldn't even detect the quinoa. I made lettuce boats, thought it was excellent.
Steven Gomes says:
Served this as an appetizer at my party. I also used homemade tomato sauce, which made this dish incredible. No need for parmesan cheese! You won't want or need it.