Easy Egg Casserole
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry to remove excess liquid
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Gently stir feta cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper into the beaten egg.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté bell peppers and onions in hot butter until softened, 3 to 5 minutes; add spinach and continue to sauté until no liquid remains and spinach is warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir garlic into vegetables and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat. Spread vegetables into an even layer in the bottom of the cast-iron skillet. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
For more protein, stir in your favorite cooked chicken sausage to the vegetable mixture. To lower the cholesterol, use 8 egg whites and 2 large eggs instead. The casserole reheats well, and makes a delicious breakfast or lunch served warm or at room temperature.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I tried this egg casserole and it was really good! It's really filled me up, but wasn't too heavy. The bell peppers, onion, and garlic gave it excellent flavor. This recipe i's great for a weekend brunch!
Laura Griffin says:
This egg casserole is really good. I made this for a brunch I hosted at my house with a few friends, and they thought I had ordered it from a restaurant! They were shocked when I said I made it myself, and begged me for the recipe! So good!
Leah M says:
This one-pan casserole is such a life saver! It cooked perfectly in my medium-sized cast iron. I also used frozen chopped bell peppers, instead of a fresh pepper. Honestly could not tell the difference. Very easy and delicious.
Erica Schaefer says:
I loaded all of my leftover veggies (peppers, onions, and spinach included) in the egg casserole to cut down on food waste. I also added a little gorgonzola, so good! This was super easy, I am going to make it again soon!
Melissa Hunter says:
The only thing this casserole was missing that I decided to add was onion. Super tasty! I made it with bacon, crumbled it, and added it to the top. So yummy!