Beef Bulgogi Bowl
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 pounds skirt steak, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 large eggs, fried
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large bowl; add steak and stir to coat.
- Heat remaining sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef slices to the hot skillet, leaving remaining marinade in the bowl; cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade into the pan and continue cooking until marinade develops into a sticky sauce, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove beef slices to a plate.
- Equally divide rice, broccoli, avocado, eggs, and carrot among 4 bowls; add beef and garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
Why limit yourself to just broccoli, carrots, and avocado? This rice bowl would also be delicious with shredded lettuce, cucumber ribbons, and/or radish slices. If you want to add a kick of heat, add a squirt of sriracha or a side of kimchi, which is bulgogi's best friend.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
These beef bulgogi bowls are a for sure favorite! The sauce is really tasty, lots of good flavor. Quinoa also works really well instead of rice, that's what I used.
Laura Griffin says:
I really like bulgogi, and I also really like bowls, so naturally this was a match made in heaven for me! The egg was perfect, although I did a soft boiled egg instead of fried. Yum! This was such a great idea, my boyfriend and I built our own bowls, and of course he added extra meat to his! We will definitely make this again.
Alex Cabral says:
I LOVE this beef bulgogi recipe, it's my favorite. Honestly, it's so good on it's own, I thought that the mix-ins took away from the meat. I added egg and broccoli, which was delicious, but I wouldn't have minded eating just the beef with rice. Also, I used white rice instead of brown.
Dominique M says:
I really liked these beef bulgogi bowls. Only thing I would change is maybe add a sauce to put on top. Also, I made this with quinoa.
Jordan Clark says:
I used this recipe because I was looking for a quick and easy bulgogi recipe. I didn't make a "bowl" but I did serve it with plain white rice and served it with a side of broccoli. Next time I'll try the bowl, now that I've found a delicious recipe for the beef.
Mike N Katie Frymier says:
This was fantastic. We grilled the steak and ate it over chopped romaine instead of rice! It’s a keeper. I call it beef bulgogi Salad!
Lolitha Brown says:
Delicious! All the reviews were right. You have to do the avocado and fried egg, it really compliments all the flavors.