Turkey, Apple, and Swiss Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 (1 ounce) slices store-bought whole-grain (or homemade) bread
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 8 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey breast
- cooking spray
- Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl; spread onto one side of 4 bread slices. Lay a cheese slice onto each bread slice over the honey mustard; add apple slices and 2 turkey slices. Sandwich with remaining bread slices.
- Prepare a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Grill sandwiches in skillet until browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
Switch it up and try red apples or pears instead of Granny Smith apples.
What others are saying
Kaylee Adams says:
Switched this up a little by using provolone cheese and sliced deli chicken instead of turkey. Super simple and sweet.
Steven Gomes says:
Put this together rather quickly using red apples and turkey. Nice spin on a classic sandwich. Also a big hit with the kids. I toasted the bread instead of using a skillet to grill.
Jeremy Hughes says:
Made this recipe with thin sliced pears and it was really good. I made my sandwiches quite thick, using extra turkey. Great for a quick lunch.
Laura Griffin says:
These grilled cheese sandwiches are really good. The green apples are definitely my favorite. They pair perfectly with the turkey and cheese. I also use Creole mustard for spread, so delicious!
Katie Hason says:
I wasn't sure what to make of this jazzed up grilled cheese at first, but it was surprisingly delicious! I used a slicer to make really paper thin slices of apple, and actually the sweet and sour taste paired really nicely with the Swiss and turkey. Now I'm craving it! I gave my husband a bite, he agrees, it totally our new favorite.