Baked Vegetarian Tacos
- 8 corn taco shells
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic refried pinto beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 avocados, diced
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange taco shells into a 9x13-inch baking dish or on a baking sheet. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons refried beans into each shell. Top beans with shredded cheese.
- Bake tacos in preheated oven until warmed though and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Remove tacos from oven and top with tomato and avocado.
- Garnish tacos with cilantro.
Optional toppings include sour cream, hot sauce, and salsa. You can also use black beans instead of refried pinto beans.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I love these vegetarian tacos! It's an inexpensive, quick dinner idea that my kids go crazy for. I've also made this recipe with refried black beans instead of pinto beans. I add a bunch of toppings like guacamole and pico de gallo. So fun and easy!