Baked Vegetarian Tacos
- 8 corn taco shells
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic refried pinto beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 avocados, diced
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange taco shells into a 9x13-inch baking dish or on a baking sheet. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons refried beans into each shell. Top beans with shredded cheese.
- Bake tacos in preheated oven until warmed though and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Remove tacos from oven and top with tomato and avocado.
- Garnish tacos with cilantro.
If you want to jazz up your tacos, feel free to serve them with more toppings. Consider setting out some sour cream, hot sauce, and salsa. If you're not a fan of refried beans, feel free to swap them out for black beans.
What others are saying
Dominique M says:
These were tasty but next time I will probably make rolled taquitos. I bought really large shells so they just didn't seem full, even with all the extra toppings. These are perfect for little kids and adults too.
Rachel Douglas says:
My kids aren't a fan of refried beans but I loved these tacos, I ate about 5 of them. Really all you need are beans and cheese. This is great for one of those nights when you just don't feel like adulting (cooking). Throw these in the oven and enjoy!
Jordan Clark says:
I used pan fried soft shell corn tortillas with black refried beans to put a spin on these vegetarian tacos. I really enjoyed them! I added cheese, lettuce, and diced tomato for toppings. So yummy!
Greg Jones says:
My kids love these tacos, which is funny because they usually hate beans. Something about refried beans though that they love. These are really easy and perfect when you want to throw something together really quickly that doesn't require a lot of time.
Jessica Scott says:
I love these vegetarian tacos! It's an inexpensive, quick dinner idea that my kids go crazy for. I've also made this recipe with refried black beans instead of pinto beans. I add a bunch of toppings like guacamole and pico de gallo. So fun and easy!