Spicy Sriracha Chicken
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix garlic, sriracha, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Let chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts in hot oil to brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet, and let the chicken cook until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more.
Sriracha is a type of Asian-inspired hot sauce, typically made from vinegar, chile peppers, garlic, sugar, and salt. It is a great addition to dishes, and an especially great addition to sauces for chicken. Make the garlic-sriracha sauce ahead of time to save a little bit of time. Cut leftover chicken into strips and make wraps for lunch the next day with fresh veggies and some crumbled queso fresco or mozzarella cheese slices.
What others are saying
Kaylee Adams says:
Used the marinade for my chicken and then cooked it with fried rice. Lots of flavor and spice! I would definitely make this again, with rice, or another side.
Steven Gomes says:
This required a lot more than 1 tablespoon of sriracha. Maybe that's just me, but I love the heat and flavor. The base ingredients for the marinade are perfect together, but if you like sriracha don't be afraid to add a little more. I also let my chicken marinate for about half an hour.
Jeremy Hughes says:
I thought the chicken could have used a little more flavor, so I chopped it up into bite size pieces and added it to a homemade fried rice. I'm not the biggest fan of sriracha so that is probably part of the reason. That turned out really, really good.
Laura Griffin says:
I love sriracha, it adds such a great taste this pan seared chicken. This is a super simple recipe, but you wouldn't know it by all the amazing flavors. I shredded the chicken and served it with brown rice. It was delicious!
Jessica Scott says:
This sriracha chicken was so delicious! I love the spicy, garlicky flavors together. I want to also try this marinade on chicken wings. It would be the perfect game day appetizer! Overall, this was a really quick and easy weeknight dinner that added some spice to my regularly boring chicken and rice.