Ground Turkey Lettuce Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, and green onions
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes; add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, 9 to 10 minutes. Mix in cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves; top with tomatoes. Add sour cream, cilantro, and green onions for topping, as desired.
Substituting ground turkey for ground beef in tacos or wraps can reduce the saturated fat and cholesterol in your meals. It is also low in calories and high in protein while contributing to your daily requirements for B-complex vitamins and selenium.
What others are saying
Erin Doute says:
Loved these! Added to weekly dinner menu.
Rachel Douglas says:
These didn't really taste like tacos, for some reason I thought they had sort of a Mediterranean flavor. Either way, I really like the way they came out. Convenient and easy for dinner! I used romaine lettuce boats and they worked perfect.
Jordan Clark says:
I was looking for a healthy ground turkey recipe and stumbled upon this. Not a huge fan of the spices used, so I lightened up on the cumin and paprika. These are super quick to make, and were perfect to pack for lunch. Eating Whole30 doesn't have to be a struggle, this is one of my go-to recipes now.
Dominique M says:
I loved this idea so I made wraps with ground chicken. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Also, did not use sour cream. Honestly you don't need it. When I make this again, I may add a little tzatziki sauce or something, but again, if eating light and low cal is what you're after, I think you'll be really pleased with or without it.
Sam Dalton says:
A friend suggested these ground turkey cups to me and they were really good. It's healthy and delicious, and a good way to season ground turkey. The cumin, paprika, and chili powder work well together.
Laura Griffin says:
I made these ground turkey lettuce boats for my weekly lunch meal prep. It's such a healthy, delicious dish! The cumin, paprika, and chili powder gave it Spanish-style flavor, it so good. I just can't do boring salads, so I am glad that I found something that's quick and easy I can take for lunch.