- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Optional: diced green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl; add garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Toss shrimp in the seasoning mixture to coat. Arrange shrimp onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cook in preheated oven until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
If you're not looking to purchase multiple spices, save time and money by picking up a pre-made Cajun spice rub. Substitute 1 tablespoon spice rub for the cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper, and toss the shrimp in a mixture of spice rub, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice as directed.
For more Cajun-inspired recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Anthony Cohen says:
This spice mix was good, but could have used cayenne pepper. I like that it's not as salty as the store bought kind. I used gulf shrimp and served it with catfish.
Jenny J says:
Served this Cajun-y shrimp with asparagus. I also used really large shrimp (8-12/lb). The Cajun spice rub I used was store bought, super delicious and easy. Would not have thought to make this otherwise.
Sarah Gray says:
I used really large shrimp that I picked up from the seafood market. This was really dish, amazing flavor. Baking shrimp on a sheet is a lot simpler than using my cast iron because I can throw on other veggies too, like broccoli or asparagus.
Jessica Scott says:
The Cajun seasoning mixture in this recipe was perfect for the shrimp. Instead of using rice, we tossed the shrimp in pasta with butter. Very delicious and spicy!
Greg Jones says:
Being from the south, Cajun shrimp is a staple. We live in the gulf so we bought huge shrimp, and generously seasoned it with all of the spices in this recipe. Not only is it quick, but the cleanup is easy and the flavors are mouthwatering. If you like spicy seafood, this is a must try.