Baked Shrimp Taquitos
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 ounces peeled shrimp, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Optional: salsa and guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft, 3 to 5 minutes; add tomatoes and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir shrimp, cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt and cilantro with the tomato mixture; cook for 1 minute.
- Working in batches, place 4 tortillas between two paper towels and warm in microwave oven until pliable, about 30 seconds per batch.
- Place a tortilla on a clean, dry work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons shrimp mixture onto the bottom third of the tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll tortilla around the filling into a cylinder and place onto prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat process with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Bake until tortillas are golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Serve taquitos with hot salsa, guacamole, and any other desired toppings.
You can switch up the fillings with really anything you like. Try the taquitos with chicken. Or keep it vegetarian with beans and roasted poblano peppers.
What others are saying
Sheila Long says:
I made vegetarian taquitos with beans and roasted poblano peppers like the recipe suggested. It was really good, especially with guacamole dip.
DC Cote says:
Made these with shredded chicken for my party! I paired them with the taqueria guacamole recipe on this site for dipping. Warming the tortillas in the microwave is a step you must do, I forgot to add first and it did not work. Warming them helps the tortilla become pliable so you can roll.
Rachel Douglas says:
These shrimp taquitos are on regular rotation at my house. They're so good, you really don't even need toppings, but if you must, I say go simple and juice guacamole and salsa. I seasoned the shrimp with lots of garlic and cumin. Very good!
Laura Griffin says:
I made these for taco night a few weeks back, they were so good. I seasoned my shrimp with chili powder and lime juice, it was delicious. We will probably make again for the super bowl! So delicious!
Jessica Scott says:
I made these baked shrimp taquitos last weekend for game day, and they were so delicious, even my kids loved them. My husband and I dipped them in guacamole and spicy salsa, they're our new favorite! I plan to make these again for a special twist on taco night. Yum!