Pressure Cooker Healthy Mashed Potatoes
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (1½ pound) head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Combine potatoes, cauliflower, garlic, salt, pepper, and water in the pressure cooker pot.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 4 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Drain cauliflower and potatoes and return to pot; add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Mix 1 tablespoon chives into the mashed potatoes; transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with remaining chives.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that has recently been touted as a "superfood" because of its healthy attributes. The white color is like a blank slate in recipes like this, and allows it to be incorporated seamlessly!
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
YES! This could not be better. No one knew they weren't normal fattening mashed potatoes!
Jessica Scott says:
This is the best mashed cauliflower and potato recipe! What I love most is how perfect the texture and consistency are. The sour cream gives it great flavor as well, and the low-fat option is lighter with fewer calories. I made this dish the other day with some beef and vegetables, and the kids absolutely loved it. This is definitely a winner!
Laura Griffin says:
I am cauliflower crazy, so of course I had to make this dish. No one would guess that these are made with a secret, healthy ingredient! I love the garlicky favors, it was so delicious. Homemade mashed potatoes are the best, and this healthier version is my absolute new favorite.
Leah M says:
I used russet potatoes with the cauliflower and got the same, delicious results. This was super easy, creamy, and delicious!
Stephanie D says:
Easily my favorite mashed potatoes recipe! Yes, it still has cream, butter, and cheese, but it's significantly reduced and the cauliflower provides low carb, low fat nutrition. What's really a plus, though, is how quickly it's made in a pressure cooker! Love it! I wouldn't change a thing.
Rosy Aguirre says:
This is so creamy and healthy. My daughters don’t like cauliflower but they love mash potatoes. When I did this recipe last week my family love it, they couldn’t taste the cauliflower at all.