Meal Prep: Beef and Broccoli with Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup green onions(green and light green part only), thinly sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring rice and water to a boil together in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and cook until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Cook ground beef and garlic, using your spoon to crumble beef as it cooks, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain excess fat from beef and return pan to heat.
- Stir in broccoli, green onions, cooked rice, and soy sauce mixture until well combined; cook, stirring frequently, until broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Divide mixture into 4 sealable meal containers; garnish with sesame seeds.
- Store refrigerated for up to 4 days.
While this is presented as a "meal prep" idea, you can just as easily serve it immediately upon completion for a tasty dinner for four! It is always a family-friendly hit!
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
I made this recipe but found myself having to use a lot of soy sauce to really get the flavor I like. Then it was a little salty, so next time I may go with low sodium soy sauce or tamari. Still, I like the use of ground beef because it’s budget friendly.
Becca Dielio says:
Sauce is amazingly easy and tasty. Good for almost any stir fry recipe
Greg Jones says:
This is one of my favorite meal prep recipes because it's simple, quick, and budget friendly. You don't have to use a fancy cut of meat to enjoy this dish.
Laura Griffin says:
This beef and broccoli meal prep was really delicious, and also really filling! Such a quick and easy recipe! It's also really budget friendly! I was spending so much money eating out every day, I'm so glad to meal prep now!