- 1 pound heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, cut into half moons
- 5 green onions, light green and white parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 Haas avocados, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, avocados, and basil in a large bowl; drizzle with oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad gently to combine.
This summery salad is best served just after it's dressed, but you can make parts of it ahead of time. Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers and green onions and place in a large covered container and refrigerate for up to two days. Just before serving, toss with avocado, basil, lemon juice, oil and season.
What others are saying
Tal Levitas says:
Fresh, quick and easy. This salad, paired with a chicken breast was a full meal unto itself!
Greg Jones says:
This was a delicious salad! I made it for an impromptu get together at my house and everyone raved about it all night. Instead of lemon I added a little lime juice because that's all I had on hand, and it worked nicely. This is going to be my new go-to salad for casual gatherings.
Alex Cabral says:
I made this salad for a casual party at my house and my guests loved it. I prepared the salad ahead of time, as suggested. I waited until it was time to serve before I cut the avocado. I also used three avocados instead of two.
Jordan Clark says:
I used the red cherry tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, green onions, and extra avocado for this salad. I took it to the beach for my little picnic with a few friends. I made the olive oil dressing and put it in a small container until I was ready to eat the salad. Perfect!
Santana Williams says:
Heirloom tomatoes worked perfectly for this recipe. I prefer them to cherry tomatoes because of how much juice they contain. I used lime juice instead of lemon, just seemed like a better fit with the avocado. I also garnished with cilantro. Very good salad.