Honey & Garlic Salmon
- 2 (4 to 6 ounce) salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ lemon
- Score salmon skin by using a very sharp knife to make four shallow 1-inch incisions. Do not cut past the skin. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Allow to come to room temperature by sitting unrefrigerated for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon skin-side down in hot skillet. Cook until the skin is crispy and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and flip salmon over. Add butter, garlic, and honey to skillet; stir together and cook for 1 minute. Flip salmon back over to cook skin-side down, baste with honey butter and continue cooking until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon over salmon to serve.
Did you know there are up to seven different kinds of salmon you might find in your grocery store? They are all delicious, but King Salmon (also known as Chinook Salmon) is considered to be the best tasting. This variety has a high fat content making the fish rich in flavor.
For more Salmon recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Melissa Hunter says:
I've always stayed away from salmon with the skin-on, but now that I am older I have an appreciation for it. This simple recipe doesn't require much, and the flavor is amazing. Love the texture and taste!
Leah M says:
You had me at honey and garlic! I used filet salmon (no skin) and garnished with sesame seeds. Simple recipe, great flavor.
Laura Griffin says:
Obsessed with this honey garlic salmon! So delicious and incredibly easy. I served it with spiralized zucchini for a light, low-carb dinner.
Katie Hason says:
I loved this salmon! It was really delicious, simple but a ton of flavor. Next time I will probably try it on the grill. I paired it with spiralized zucchini, so yummy!
Greg Jones says:
This honey garlic salmon recipe is really delicious. As soon as I saw the video I went out and bought some fish. Something about the sweet honey and garlicky flavors together that just work. We served this dish with rice and broccoli, and really enjoyed the entire meal.