Mexican Skillet Lasagna
- 1¼ cup prepared enchilada sauce, divided
- 16 small corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 Roma (plum) tomato, diced
- ½ cup diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread ¼ cup enchilada sauce in a thin layer to cover bottom of the skillet. Arrange 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping as needed to form a complete layer. Layer ⅓ of the refried beans, ⅓ of the black beans, and ⅓ of the remaining sauce, respectively, onto the tortillas. Repeat layering twice to use remaining ingredients. Top sauce with a layer of tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot in the center and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato and green onion to serve.
Cooking in a cast-iron skillet cooking is not only delicious, it is also super trendy! Serving a dish right from the skillet in the center of the dinner table is definitely worthy of an Instagram post or pinning on Pinterest!
What others are saying
Geoff Villeneuve says:
Can't go wrong with Mexican!!
Rachel Douglas says:
I cut the tortillas into strips in order to get the sheets for the "lasagna". It made all the pieces fit better. Fun recipe to make and my older kids (14, 16) loved it.
Santana Williams says:
I used green enchilada sauce (I know red is more common). I thought it turned out really good. It reminded me more of a Mexican pizza, than a lasagna, but delicious either way. It was really quick and easy to throw together.
Alex Cabral says:
Good flavor and easy to assemble, but it was kind of a pain slicing and plating. The tortilla shells were soft, so I'm thinking next time I will fry the tortillas first or use crunchy flat shells instead. I also used a lot more than 1 cup cheese, closer to 2 cups. So yummy!
Jessica Scott says:
My kids loved this Mexican skillet lasagna, they couldn't get enough of it! We used red enchilada sauce, and it was really delicious. The kids love helping me in the kitchen and this is one of those recipes where they can do just that. The beans were so yummy, and I love that it's vegetarian!
Laura Griffin says:
This dish was pretty good. It was a little messy to eat, like lasagna, but the sauce and cheese together baked with the beans was delicious. It's a nice alternative to basic taco night!