- 2 very ripe avocados, mashed
- ⅓ onion, very finely minced
- ½ jalapeño (or serrano) pepper, deseeded and finely minced
- 1 lime, or more to taste, juiced
- salt to taste
- Mix avocado, onion, pepper, and lime juice together in a bowl; season with salt.
Serve right away or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days, allowing the guacamole to come to room temperature before serving. Increase the amount of jalapeno or serrano pepper to match your taste preferences.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Even though this recipe is super simple, the flavor is outstanding. From the serrano pepper to the lime, you can taste a hint of all the ingredients in this guacamole. I have no desire to buy store bought guac after making this!
Greg Jones says:
This is my go to guacamole recipe! It's the perfect amount of lime, jalapeño, and onion. Always a hit at my house!