- 2 (5 ounce) cans water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, plus more for garnish
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- avocados, halved (optional)
- Mix tuna, celery, mayonnaise, onion, parsley, and lemon juice together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate tuna salad for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
- Spoon tuna salad into avocado halves. Garnish with extra parsley to serve.
Try lime juice and cilantro instead of lemon juice and parsley.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
this is such a great tuna salad, tastes just like it's fresh from the deli. perfect.
Katie Hason says:
Love this tuna salad recipe! I made this for my husband the other day and now we are both totally hooked. He doesn't eat avocado, but I do so naturally I stuffed my face with about 2 stuffed avocados. So delicious!
Jessica Scott says:
I made this recipe and it's really delicious! It has all the makings of a classic tuna salad like mayo, celery, and onion. I've always loved tuna salad, but never tried it on avocado until now! Thanks for the idea, it was so good!
Amy Sands says:
Haven’t tried this but think I’ll sub chicken for the tuna. Sounds delicious!!
Alex Cabral says:
I added hard boiled eggs, red onion, and dill. It was delicious! I made sandwiches using croissant style rolls, but next time I'll try using avocados.