Meal Prep: Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced green beans
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup green onions, plus more for garnish
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan; stir. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and white pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in hot oil until no longer translucent, 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Sweat onion and garlic in hot oil, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir carrot, green beans, corn, and peas with the onion mixture; cook, stirring often, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir rice with the vegetable mixture breaking rice into individual grains as it cooks; add green onion and continue stirring. Pour soy sauce mixture over the rice mixture; cook and stir until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the pan and toss.
- Divide rice-and-shrimp mixture between 4 meal prep containers, seal, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I loved this shrimp fried rice! I made this meal prep to have for dinner on the week that I had to work late. It's super convenient and saves me a ton of time during the week. I love all the fresh veggies, it's really healthy and filling.
Laura Griffin says:
This meal prep shrimp fried rice was so easy to make! I was eating out all of the time for lunch, so this was perfect for me. It was really delicious, better than take-out. All of my co-workers were so jealous!