Meal Prep: Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 2 pounds zucchini, spiralized using the 3mm blade
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes in hot oil and butter until shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir vegetable stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest with the shrimp mixture; season with salt and pepper. Bring liquid to a simmer and stir in the zucchini noodles; cook, tossing frequently, until zucchini is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Divide zucchini noodles between 4 sealable meal containers; top portions with shrimp. Seal containers and store refrigerated for up to 4 days.
For an additional blast of color, use a combination of both zucchini and carrots that have been spiralized into noodles! Or if you still want to use a little bit of pasta, use half noodles and half zoodles. It's the best of both worlds.
What others are saying
Sarah Gray says:
Such a great meal prep, I made the with spiralized cucumbers instead of zucchini. The red pepper flakes were the perfect topping.
Dominique M says:
I used ghee instead of regular butter, but didn't make any other changes. This was super simple and easy. I'm a little weird about saving seafood for the entire week, so instead of meal prepping I made it for dinner and split the servings for me and my mom. Really good!
Alex Cabral says:
This is one of my favorite meal prep recipes. I didn't use shallots, but instead extra garlic and extra red pepper flakes. I've also made this a couple times when I had friends over. It's perfect for gluten free friends!
Greg Jones says:
Shrimp scampi is my favorite and I love being able to pair it with these zucchini noodles. I made this meal prep for week day lunches at the office. Super simple and light so I don't feel heavy for the rest of the day.
Laura Griffin says:
This shrimp scampi and zoodles meal prep is so quick and easy! I used seafood stock instead of vegetable stock because that's all I had in my pantry. I loved the red pepper flakes, it added the right amount of spice!