Meal Prep: Turkey Meatballs and Zoodles
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix ground turkey, egg yolks, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, basil, parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl; roll mixture into 1½-inch balls and arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the center, 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook zucchini in hot water just until heated, through, about 30 seconds; drain.
- Divide zucchini noodles between 4 sealable meal containers; top with meatballs, marinara sauce, and additional Parmesan cheese as desired. Seal containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Want to take this recipe a step further? Make your own simple and delicious homemade marinara sauce for a an additional fresh boost! It's perfect when tomatoes are in peak season during the summer months.
What others are saying
Chaz Norwood says:
I made these meatballs but used ground chicken instead of turkey. It’s the perfect meal prep that I don’t get bored with. I usually do it M-Thursday and then Friday eat out with my co-workers. It’s the healthy eating throughout the week incentive.
Laura Griffin says:
I was looking for a healthy dish using ground turkey and came across this recipe. It was really good, perfect for me to take to lunch.
Jessica Scott says:
I'm always looking for different meal prep ideas to make my husband, but he's sometimes a picky eater. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this recipe because I made it for him and he loved it! The ground turkey meatballs are so delicious, I made an extra batch for myself. The spiralized zucchini is a lighter alternative to pasta, so it's not too heavy. I'm glad that found something that works for both of us!