Meal Prep: Vegetable Lo Mein
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- salt to taste
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Cook spaghetti at a boil until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- While the spaghetti boils, whisk soy sauce, ginger, honey, sesame oil, and sriracha together in a bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms, red bell pepper, carrot and garlic in hot oil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes; add spinach and snow peas and toss to mix. Season vegetables with salt.
- Stir cooked spaghetti and soy sauce mixture with the vegetable mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide spaghetti, vegetables, and sauce between 4 sealable meal containers; garnish with sesame seeds. Seal containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
When you choose 100% whole-grain pasta, every serving will contain more natural fiber and micronutrients than traditional white, refined pasta.
What others are saying
Jordan Clark says:
Loved this vegetarian lo mien! I used actual lo mien noodles and loaded it with a bunch of vegetables. Super light and easy!
Loren Schaffer says:
I made this recipe with all the frozen veggies in my fridge. Rather than the wheat noodles, I subbed in fried rice and that was really good for lunches all week!
Greg Jones says:
I swapped out the spaghetti pasta for rice noodles to make this dish. It 's a quick and easy meal that works great for lunch meal prep. I add extra sriracha to make it spicier. Delicious.
Laura Griffin says:
I've tried this veggie lo mien meal prep and it was so good! I was apprehensive about the whole wheat spaghetti noodles, but it was the perfect choice for this dish! The mushrooms and peppers were so flavorful and aromatic. I also really loved the sauce it was cooked in. Next time I will probably mix in lean chicken or shrimp.