Brussels Sprouts Fettuccine
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, or more to taste, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until al dente, 8 to 12 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic in hot butter until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the skillet; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer to reduce slightly, 7 to 8 minutes; add to bowl with noodles.
- Heat olive oil into a separate medium skillet on medium-high heat. Cook sprouts until soft and starting to char, 6 to 8 minutes; add to bowl with noodles and broth.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast over the noodles mixture and toss; divide into two pasta bowls and season with salt and pepper to serve.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
Brussels sprouts and pasta are a winning combination! Next time I may try it in a cream sauce. This was really good.
Katie Hason says:
I made this recipe the other day and really enjoyed it! The Brussels sprouts and nutritional yeast adds really good flavors. It's is such a light dish too, which is a plus. Sometimes I crave pasta, but not all the heavy cream and sauce. This recipe is the perfect median.