Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or other neutral-flavored cooking oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced into coins
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or a wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken, carrots, broccoli, and garlic in hot oil until chicken is completely browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into the pan; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium, and cook vegetables until the liquid evaporates entirely, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha together in a small bowl; add to pan with brown rice and stir-fry until the rice absorbs the sauce, 2 to 3 minutes.
To keep this recipe low in carbohydrates, serve the stir-fry with cauliflower rice instead of brown rice. Vegetarian? Use vegetable broth and replace the chicken with cubed tofu. You can also find vegetarian oyster sauce made from mushrooms at Asian grocery stores or online.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
This has got to be the tastiest and quickest stir-fry on the planet! The sauce was so delicious and the sriracha added a little kick to it. This is perfect for those nights when I'm craving take-out but want something healthy, quick and easy. Definitely a winner!
Laura Griffin says:
This chicken and broccoli stir fry was incredible. I love the sriracha! I added a little extra, like I always do. This was incredibly simple and easy. Perfect for weeknights and much better than even the best take-out. I didn't have oyster sauce on hand so I used soy sauce.
Rebecca Pitman says:
Excellent. Nice little spice. Super easy. One pot, minimal dishes. Just so good.
Jordan Clark says:
Chicken and broccoli stir fry is delicious, but I used day old white rice instead of brown rice. I also used two garlic cloves instead of three and didn't use oyster sauce. This is definitely on my weekly rotation.
Sarah Gray says:
I opted for cauliflower instead of brown rice, such a good idea. I love having options when it comes to stir-fry.