Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Rice
- 1 (2 pound) head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into the pot of your pressure cooker. Place rack over the water and the steamer basket onto the rack. Place cauliflower into the steamer basket.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Press Cancel.
- Remove steamer basket and rack. Drain water from the cooker pot, wipe dry, and return to pressure cooker base.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Cook cauliflower in hot oil, using a potato masher to break cauliflower into smaller pieces, until the cauliflower resembles rice, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt.
- Divide cauliflower rice into bowls; garnish with parsley.
Cauliflower rice is a blank slate for your favorite flavors. Making it the perfect healthy side dish for just about any meal! Get creative with the seasoning by adding your favorite spices; cumin, turmeric, and cilantro all are delicious in this side dish.
What others are saying
Garcia B says:
I’m not paleo but I love cauliflower rice. Sometimes I’ll add a little diced cilantro and lime juice to it too. Love how quick and convenient it is.
Jazzy Brewer says:
Hands down the best cauliflower rice recipe. I would usually buy it store bought because I didn’t feel like making a huge mess. This method of cooking in a pc and then using a potato masher is genius. It’s actually much simpler than making real rice, which gives me a reason to eat much more often.
Randall Hauk says:
Five stars for saving me the indignity of having large bags of increasingly stinky cauliflower rice in my refrigerator in favor of using fresh (less smelly) cauliflower. My wife insists, so I make. But at least it's not smelling up the crisper any more!
Greg Jones says:
This was a really easy recipe to make in the pressure cooker. The potato masher riced the cauliflower perfectly. All that's needed is a little salt. I usually eat the entire cauliflower by myself. Very good.
Katie Hason says:
This cauliflower rice was so tasty! It's also super kid friendly. My kids loved it! All it needs is a little salt. I absolutely love how easy this was to make and super quick. I will never buy pre-packaged cauliflower rice ever again!