Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 extra-large shallots, peeled
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- optional garnishes: 4 tablespoons crispy cooked bacon, 1 cup Brussels sprouts leaves, 1½ cups chanterelle mushrooms
For best results, we recommend using:
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Toss cauliflower, shallots, and garlic with vegetable oil in a large bowl to coat; spread into a large roasting pan.
- Roast cauliflower mixture in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a large pot; add roasted cauliflower mixture, tarragon, thyme, and salt. Reduce heat to low and cook at a simmer until cauliflower breaks apart easily, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the vegetables into the stock using an immersion blender.
- Drain cashews, add to the blended mixture, and blend cashews into the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chosen toppings.
Keep the recipe vegan and simply garnish the soup with additional fresh tarragon and thyme. But, if you don't mind, bacon is also an incredible way to finish off this dish!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I loved this simple, yet, flavorful cauliflower soup. The soaked cashews gave it a very creamy texture that was really nice. Overall, it was very delicious, I enjoyed it very much!
Sam Dalton says:
This is my favorite cauliflower soup. I'm not vegan so sometimes I will add parmesan cheese on top, but it alone it's impeccable. The tarragon and thyme lend some really unique flavors to this soup.
Andrea John says: