Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup red bulgur
- 3 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups water
- 2 cups butternut squash puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir tomatoes, walnuts, onion, lentils, bulgur, chipotle peppers, poblano peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt together in the steel pot of your pressure cooker; add water and stir.
- Seal pressure cooker lid, turn steam vent handle to Sealing, and select Soup/Stew. Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes. Turn steam vent to Venting to Quick Release pressure completely before removing lid.
- Stir butternut squash puree and black beans into chili; simmer on Keep Warm until heated through. For a thinner consistency, add ¼ cup to 1 cup water.
Favorite accompaniments include cornbread, avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream. Reheat tomorrow for lunch and your co-workers will be jealous!
For more pressure cooker vegetarian chili recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Erin Hudson says:
This chili definitely had some body to it for it to be vegan. Only thing that I changed was I used kidney beans instead of black beans.
Garcia B says:
This chili is 10x better than it looks. At first I was thinking the walnuts wouldn’t be good, but it adds such a great texture to this dish. I used my favorite vegan sour cream for topping, I will def make this again.
Greg Jones says:
This vegetarian chili was very meaty, if that makes sense. The texture resembled traditional chili and it had great flavor. I topped it with a little sour cream, it was perfect!
Jessica Scott says:
I've made this vegetarian chili a handful of times and it doesn't disappoint! The butternut squash adds to the incredible consistency and texture of this dish. It's so hearty and delicious. I also LOVE the walnuts! I wasn't sure how I would like the added crunch, but after cooking they softened some and it was perfect. This is the best vegetarian chili I've ever had!