Cauliflower Curry Soup
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste, or more to taste
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes.
- While the cashews soak, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic and ginger until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock into the pot; bring to a boil and add cauliflower. Reduce heat to medium-low to cook at a simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add to the pot. Puree cauliflower mixture in the pot using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir coconut milk and red curry into the puree; simmer until heated through.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat; sauté red peppers and onion until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and ladle into bowls. Garnish with cooked pepper-onion mixture, cilantro, and jalapeno slices.
Make this flavor-packed soup ahead of time and enjoy for the week ahead. Alternatively, freeze the cooked soup without toppings for up to one month. Prepare the pepper-onion topping just before you plan to serve, and garnish the reheated soup with cilantro and jalapeno.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I loved this curry cauliflower soup! Cauliflower is so versatile, you just can't go wrong with it. The flavors in this dish were very authentic and flavorful. I loved everything about this, and will definitely make it again.
Laura Griffin says:
I love the taste that the curry adds to the cauliflower soup. I was surprised at how creamy the texture was too. Really delicious soup.