Pressure Cooker Vegan Queso Dip
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained with liquid reserved
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- optional additions: chopped bell peppers, chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño pepper
- Place cauliflower, water, carrots, and cashews into the pot of a pressure cooker.
- Seal lid on pressure cooker, select Pressure Cook, and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Relieve pressure through the quick-release valve.
- Drain water from the pot; add reserved liquid from the diced tomatoes, nutritional yeast, sea salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Blend mixture with an immersion blender until smooth; transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir tomatoes with green chilies through the dip; add any optional additions you have chosen.
Rumor has it Tom Brady follows a vegan diet. If it's good enough for him, then why not serve this queso on Game Day!
What others are saying
Blakely James says:
Once I added cilantro, jalapeno, and bell peppers, that made a huge difference in the overall taste of this dip. On its own I probably wouldn't really enjoy it. I'm not a huge fan of nutritional yeast, I'm convinced there has to be a better alternative out there, I just need to find it.
Jazzy Brewer says:
My immersion blender didn’t get it as smooth as I like? So instead i moved it to a blender and blended it until smooth. I also added some spicy Mexican sauce for flavor. It’s great with chips.
Melissa P says:
Wasn’t a huge fan of the texture but the flavor wasn’t bad for homemade vegan cheese. I added some extra salt for flavor but other than that this recipe was pretty good. I had some friends over, one of them is vegan, and she appreciated the fact that I made this.
Katie Hason says:
This vegan queso dip is truly amazing, especially with the added diced chilies. I definitely prefer to eat it warm, but it goes perfect with my tortilla chips. Probably going to make this again for the Super Bowl party!
Jessica Scott says:
This turned out so yummy! I love that I didn't have to soak the cashews over night, that can be such a pain! We added diced chilies and jalapeño for spiciness and loved it. After preparing, we put it back in the pressure cooker and left it on the Warm setting, it was perfect!