Pressure Cooker Vegan Minestrone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups small shaped pasta
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Cook and stir onion, zucchini, carrots, celery, and garlic in hot oil until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir basil, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper into the vegetable mixture; add vegetable broth, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, vegetable broth, and pasta. Season soup with salt and pepper; stir.
- Seal pressure cooker lid into place, turn steam-vent handle to Sealing, and cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before turning steam-vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
Prepare this recipe with gluten-free pasta if you need to eliminate grain from your diet. No matter what, it is a quick and easy one pot meal everyone will love!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
This minestrone was so good. It reminded me of this soup my grandmother used to make when I was a kid. I hadn't had minestrone in forever so this was nice. I've made this recipe twice already, the second time with orzo. Both work great in this dish.
Sam Dalton says:
Delicious, classic minestrone recipe. I give my boys extra carrots and zucchini, it's really the only time I can get them to eat vegetables without complaint. This is one of our weeknight favorites because of how easy it is.
Garcia B says:
Made this with brown rice pasta and pretty much all the leftover veggies in my fridge. Really can’t go wrong with that method.
Blakely James says:
Made this with whole wheat pasta and added some broccoli and cauliflower from my fridge I didn't want to throw out. This is a really quick recipe, it's perfect for those cold weather days.
Erin Hudson says:
Loved this minestrone. Instead of traditional pasta I used Veggie Rotini.
Stacy Stillman says:
This was delicious. We upped the carrots, zucchini, and celery so it became more of a stew consistency. Next time I’d add 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste but as written it was very tasty.