Pressure Cooker Hearty Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Cook and stir onion, carrots, and celery in hot oil until slightly softened, about 4 minutes; add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Pour vegetable broth into the cooker; add potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, corn, peas, bay leaves, and thyme. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Soup and cook for 12 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, allow pressure to release naturally for X minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
This recipe can easily become a vegetarian and vegan dish by swapping the chicken stock for your favorite vegetable stock. Garnish with additional fresh herbs for elegant presentation.
What others are saying
Mike Nagle says:
This has become a family favorite. Sometimes I will toss in a little pearled barley, or saute some sliced crimini mushrooms with the onions. But, this soup is fantastic just the way the recipe is written.
Rachel Douglas says:
I used canned corn and peas instead of frozen because that's what I had in my pantry. It turned out great, such a simple soup recipe.
Santana Williams says:
Super quick and super easy recipe! I love being able to walk away and not worry about the pot boiling over or all the liquid evaporating and burning my pan. That's such a bummer! I paired this with crackers, so warming, hearty, and tasty!
Alex Cabral says:
This was a really delicious soup, although I did make some changes. I used 8 cups of frozen vegetables that included carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans, peas, potatoes, and zucchini. I also added some tomato paste in addition to the cans of diced tomatoes. Very hearty, I loved it!
Laura Griffin says:
Really good vegetable soup! The potatoes were definitely my favorite. The tomato broth was also really delicious!
Katie Hason says:
This vegetable soup was so good! The recipe also makes a big batch, which is perfect. Everyone in my family loved it, including the baby! It's a classic recipe that's incredibly quick, and will definitely be in rotation at my house.