Pressure Cooker Sesame Chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Working in batches, sear chicken in oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes per batch; remove browned chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, red pepper, and sesame seeds together in a bowl.
- Return chicken to pressure cooker pot; add sauce and stir to coat.
- Seal lid on pressure cooker, turn steam vent to Sealing, select Poultry, and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Immediately turn steam vent to Venting to Quick Release pressure. Press Cancel on pressure cooker and set to Sauté.
- Whisk cornstarch into water in a small bowl to dissolve; stir into the chicken mixture and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Ladle chicken and sauce onto plates; garnish with green onion and additional sesame seeds to serve.
This recipe features both sesame oil and sesame seeds. Both impart a rich, nutty flavor that makes this dish so distinct and delicious.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Easy, fast, delicious, and kid-friendly. Can't ask for more than that, especially during a crazy week. Fantastic.
Katie Hason says:
I really liked this sesame chicken! I didn't serve it with rice, though, I used noodles. The sauce was easy and fantastic. This is the perfect weeknight meal.
Jessica Scott says:
I really loved this sesame chicken, especially the sauce. It was really quick to make in the pressure cooker too. I gave it to the kids, and they loved it. If you want a thinner sauce, use 1 teaspoon cornstarch instead of two. So delicious, especially with brown rice.