Pressure Cooker Potato Salad
- 1½ cups water
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into inner pot of pressure cooker and place trivet in water. Put potatoes and eggs into steamer basket; place on trivet in pot.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water.
- Stir mayonnaise, mustard, and relish together in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher in a large bowl; add mayonnaise and mix to coat.
- Peel and dice eggs; stir into potato salad. Season salad with salt and pepper to serve.
Your choice of mustard in this recipe will influence the flavor. Classic yellow mustard is traditional and delicious. You can feel free to jazz things up a bit with Dijon mustard for elegance or hot Chinese mustard for spicy heat!
What others are saying
Rob Bishop says:
Amazing! Everyone loved it. I had to kick my girlfriend out of the kitchen because she kept going in the fridge and eating it while I was still cooking the main course!😂 I did everything exactly how the recipe said to and it came out 👌
Laura T says:
Just learning, but glad to find a quick way for the potatoes. I cooked the eggs separately because I never did potatoes in this. Plus I like my potatoes al dente for potato salad. Just not to keen on mashed potato salad. Eggs 5 min. Potatoes 7 min. Both on high. I used russet potatoes, peeled them and sliced them about 3/4 inch thick. I will cube them later. Put them in steamer basket.(filled to the top) Quick release on both. Just remember, the smaller you cut you potatoes the quicker they will be done. The potatoes turned out just right for my salad. Not to mushy or hard. I'm sure if you cube the potatoes and cook with the eggs this recipe would turn out as described.
Karen Mayhall says:
Very good. I used red potatoes and they could have been done a little more but all in all it was very easy.
Jazzy Brewer says:
I almost skipped the step that involved mashing the potatoes. Never seen it made that way before, but I actually really like how it turned out. The consistency was perfect. I also used a spicy mustard, so it had a kick to it.
Melissa P says:
Obsessed with potato salad and this recipe is so good. It’s a classic mustard potato salad that’s fresher than what you’d get at the store. The pressure cooker is a beast when it comes to making boiled eggs.
Katie Hason says:
This was really good. First time trying it with potatoes that have been "mashed". I used red potatoes instead of russet, and they turned out great. Love it!
Laura Griffin says:
The best potato salad! Making eggs in a pressure cooker is so easy, and it cooks them perfectly. I hate having to play the guessing game to see if all the eggs were cooked through or not. I also love how you mash the potatoes for this recipe, it was so good that way!
Greg Jones says:
This is fantastic potato salad, just like my mom used to make. This is the only recipe I use. I also love the instructions for boiling eggs in the pressure cooker, it's the only way I cook them now when eating hard boiled eggs.