Pressure Cooker Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 sweet potatoes, pierced in multiple places with a fork
- chopped jalapeño peppers, black beans, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced onion
- Mix chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder together in the pressure cooker pot; add chicken breasts and toss to coat.
- Put steamer rack over the chicken. Place steamer basket onto the rack. Arrange sweet potatoes into the steamer basket.
- Seal lid on the pressure cooker, turn steam vent to Sealing, and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Immediately turn steam vent to Venting to Quick Release pressure.
- Remove steamer basket and rack from the cooker. Transfer sweet potatoes to a plate.
- Transfer chicken to a mixing bowl; shred with two forks.
- Split each sweet potato lengthwise. Spoon shredded chicken into the sweet potatoes; top with jalapeño peppers, black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, and onion, as desired.
Don't forget to pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork before putting them in the pressure cooker. This prevents the potatoes from bursting by allowing the steam to escape from the potato as it cooks.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
These were really easy to make and tasty! I have such a hard time getting my husband to eat healthy, but he actually really enjoyed this. I would definitely make again.
Greg Jones says:
Delicious recipe using one of my favorite ingredients (sweet potatoes). I used to only ever stuff bell peppers, but now this is my new thing. Really good.
Ginger Hair says:
Easy, healthy, and delicious.
Garcia B says:
These are a big hit in my house. I made the sweet potatoes and set up an entire potato bar for people to add their own toppings. So much fun.
Erin Hudson says:
Who doesn't love a good Mexican dish. I added the black beans to it for some more texture and also topped with some home made pico and guacamole.
denise bayliss says:
This is awesome! Recommend it highly and I followed the recipe!
Tami Byron-Okuly says:
First I pressure cooked black beans for the topping! I took this recipe over to the neighbors for dinner but she said it was delish and wasn’t sharing it. It was really great and so time saving!