Pressure Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups prepared tomato salsa
tortillas, shredded cabbage, Cotija cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado, radish slices, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Season chicken with salt; place in inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Pour salsa over chicken and stir to coat.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Select Cancel.
- Shred chicken with a pair of forks and stir to incorporate salsa mixture.
- Select Sauté and cook, stirring regularly, until excess liquid evaporates, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve piled onto warm tortillas topped with your favorite fixins!
In this recipe, your choice of salsa will dictate the flavor profile. If you like it spicy, go for the hot salsa. If you are more mild when it comes to mealtime, choose your salsa accordingly.
If your chicken is still a bit tough and doesn't shred easily, cook it on High Pressure for 5 more minutes!
What others are saying
Katherine Stefos says:
The easiest and best chicken ever
Lina Schamberger says:
Delicioso! This is a keeper for sure!
展龙 杨 says:
Maribel Figueroa says:
I made this without the pressure cooker So good and easy.
Santana Williams says:
These tasted like real tacos! Just as good, if not better than the ones you'll get at a restaurant. I used my mom's homemade salsa recipe and it resulted in juicy, tender meat that was infused with delicious flavor. This is the only recipe I use for chicken tacos now.
Dominique M says:
Best salsa chicken recipe! It doesn't really get any easier than this my friends. I always pair it with warm flour tortillas and whatever toppings I can round up. This is for those nights when you want to put in little effort but have a big appetite.
Jordan Clark says:
This literally took just a few minutes make in my pressure cooker. I used basic store bought, jarred tomato salsa. I didn't use many toppings, simply avocado, cilantro, and sour cream. I also used flour tortillas. So yummy!
Katie Hason says:
This salsa chicken was delicious. I made mine with green salsa and used the meat for enchiladas. Loved it! Super quick and easy.
Caro Hodgin says:
Oh my god, easiest dinner ever. I used the fresh pico de Gallo from the refrigerated aisle. So flavorful, can’t believe how easy this way.