Pressure Cooker Whole 30 Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour water into the inner pot of a pressure cooker. Place trivet over water and lay cauliflower head onto the trivet.
- Seal lid on pressure cooker, turn steam vent to Sealing, and cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes. Immediately turn steam vent to Quick Release the pressure.
- Remove trivet with cauliflower head. Drain liquid from the pot and return to base.
- Return cauliflower to the pot with the ghee, salt, and pepper; blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
Using ghee brings out the inherently nutty flavor of the butter. This additional flavor boost takes the mashed cauliflower to a whole new level! For fancy presentation, feel free to garnish the mashed cauliflower with your favorite fresh herbs or even a dash of paprika.
What others are saying
Kaylee Adams says:
Made this pressure cooker cauliflower, but the way my boys eat, it's closer to two servings instead of 4. I ended up making two cauliflower heads (separately), but it wasn't a big deal because the pressure cooker makes the cooking time super quick and easy.
McKenzie C says:
George is right - this does not replace mashed potatoes. But it's delicious in its own right. I used dairy free butter instead of ghee, and added a small pinch of garlic powder for flavor. This is so easy, and it's a kid friendly way to sneak in some vegetables without them knowing.
George Delamea says:
Look, this does not replace mashed potatoes. Nothing can. Mashed potatoes are what people have mashed for years because they are superior for that. I wish people would stop with this notion. If you accept from the start that this is its own dish, however, it's great! Just don't call it "mashed faux-tatoes" or wahtever! and add cheese because cauliflower loves cheese. Cream cheese melts into this perfectly and greatly helps the texture.
Greg Jones says:
Healthy, delicious, and easy to make in a pressure cooker. The ghee is perfect for my Whole 30 diet too. Great recipe!
Jessica Scott says:
I made this mashed cauliflower and I'm impressed by how much the taste resembles potatoes. I used butter instead of ghee, but other than that didn't make any changes. It was delicious.