Kale & Chicken Sausage Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 (packed) cup chopped kale
- 2 garlic-and-herb chicken sausage links, diced
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- optional: avocado slices, chopped fresh parsley, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook shallot until softened, about 2 minutes; add kale and sausage and cook until kale is slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Blend eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and red pepper flakes in a bowl using an immersion blender until smooth; pour into skillet. Sprinkle cheese over the eggs.
- Bake in preheated oven until frittata no longer wobbles when you shake the handle, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top frittata with avocado and parsley as desired. Cut into slices to serve.
- Optional: Treat yourself and pair with a lovely Bloody Mary!
If your grocery store doesn't carry shallot, try substituting 1/3 cup minced red onion and 1 garlic clove instead. You will still have delicious results!
What others are saying
Dominique M says:
So yummy! Ok, so I used spinach instead of kale, but it was still delicious. Definitely perfect for breakfast or brunch. We made these with Bloody Mary's, and had a great time. No question, I will definitely make this again.
Alex Cabral says:
I used the apple chicken sausage in this recipe! I think the sweetness of the apple flavor was a nice contrast against the red peppers (which I used more than a pinch). Delicious frittata recipe and great with kale or spinach, I've tried both!
Caro Hodgin says:
Perfect weekend brunch. So easy to blend everything together while the kale and sausage are cooking. Love that the cubed mozzarella in this gives you big pockets of gooey cheese.
Sam Dalton says:
This was my first time having a frittata and it was really good. I love that it cooks entirely in a single skillet, which is super convenient. I added extra chicken sausage, and it was perfect. Definitely going to make this again.
Laura Griffin says:
This was so delicious! My favorite guilt-free weekend breakfast. It's a complete, well rounded meal. Love it! The avocado and hot sauce is a must.