Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons prepared Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup prepared Buffalo wing sauce
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro, ranch dressing, crumbled blue cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mix ground chicken, 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce, egg, Gorgonzola cheese, bread crumbs, Romano cheese, ranch dressing, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl; shape mixture into meatballs using 1½ tablespoons per ball.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Cook meatballs in hot oil until browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour ⅔ cup Buffalo wing sauce into the steel pot of a pressure cooker. Arrange meatballs in the sauce clockwise in an even layer, then filling in toward the center. Start a second layer, if needed.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 7 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Carefully remove meatballs with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl; top with ranch dressing, blue cheese, and cilantro as desired.
Gorgonzola cheese is a veined Italian blue cheese, made from unskimmed cow's milk. It can be buttery or firm, crumbly and quite salty, with a distinctive "bite" from its blue veining. This strong flavor perfectly compliments the bold spice of Buffalo sauce.
For more pressure cooker chicken recipes, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Kimberly Oneill says:
These tasted great. However, we could not get them to hold their shape. I did use whole wheat Panko bread crumbs and omitted the Gorgonzola so not sure if that’s the reason why the weren’t solid. I served with buttered noodles with shredded Romano cheese (not the healthiest side) But all in all, a family pleaser:)
Erin Hudson says:
Wish I could give this 6 stars. After an impromptu baseball opening day party I needed to whip something up really quick. This recipe saved the day. Instead of using gorgonzola cheese and romano cheese I mixed in some chunky blue cheese into the meatball mixture.
Jazzy Brewer says:
Gorgonzola cheese is a little pricey but I decided to go for it anyway. I really liked these buffalo meatballs, they were addicting. It’s one of the easier recipes I’ve made in the pressure cooker.
Leah M says:
These are probably my favorite meatballs. I did crumbled blue cheese for the meatballs instead of gorgonzola. I didn't see the point in buying both types of cheese (for topping and meatball mixture). They were really hot, so next time instead of using Buffalo sauce in the meatball mixture, I will only cook it in the sauce.