Pressure Cooker Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 10 tortillas or taco shells, warmed
- optional toppings: diced tomatoes, diced onions, avocado, and additional chopped cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir salsa, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice together in the steel pot of a pressure cooker; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 15 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl; shred with two forks.
- Stir shredded chicken into the sauce in the pot; spoon into tortillas or taco shells and top with tomatoes, onions, avocado, cilantro, and any other of your favorite taco toppings as desired.
If you somehow end up with leftovers, this chicken makes a great sandwich or wrap filling. You can even turn it into a chicken salad by mixing it with a creamy avocado dressing and a little Mexican-style crema. Of course, you can also just reheat them and EAT MORE TACOS!
What others are saying
Lina Schamberger says:
So tasty! My family loved it! Make it again.
Judy T says:
Loved this recipe the Chicken was so tender n had so much flavor. We used it to make taco salad just put it on top of Our lettuce added black olives, sliced avocados, fresh tomatoes and sprinkled some corn chips on top. It was so awesome very one loved it. Thanks for a awesome recipe!
Erin Hudson says:
They had a sale on flank steak at the grocery store so I went hunting for a recipe to that I could use. I came across this one and used the grilled steak rather than chicken. I used pico de gallo instead of the salsa and served them on corn tortillas.