Quick Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1¼ cups light olive oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend ¼ cup oil, egg, mustard and salt in a blender cup with an immersion blender on Low for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Slowly stream remaining 1 cup oil into the blended mixture while blending on High, moving blender wand up and down through the mixture to fully emulsify for about 1 minute.
- Stir lemon juice into the blended mixture with a fork.
You don't have to end your mayonnaise journey with the base recipe! Flavored mayonnaise is a great way to upgrade your sandwich game. Sriracha is a great addition, should you like a little heat to your sandwich spread. Spike it with garlic for a french fry condiment that will put ketchup to shame. The possibilities are endless!
If you don't have an immersion blender, place egg, mustard, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend on low speed until smooth. While the food processor is still running, slowly drizzle olive oil into egg mixture until mayonnaise is well blended and smooth.
What others are saying
Chelsea C. says:
I don't think I will ever be buying mayonnaise again! This recipe is so easy, delicious, and cheaper than store bought because I already had all the ingredients at home. Really good flavor, I enjoyed it so much!
Karen Miles says:
I mixed in balsamic vinegar to make an easy salad dressing. Great recipe