Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken Soup
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt to taste
- optional topping: fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mix onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chipotle chiles together in the pot of a pressure cooker. Layer potatoes and tomatoes onto the onion mixture; top with chicken. Pour chicken broth into the pot; season with cumin and salt.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing. Select Soup/Stew and cook for 30 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl; shred with 2 forks.
- Divide chicken into bowls; top with vegetable soup mixture.
- Garnish soup with parsley or cilantro to serve.
If you prefer a soupier consistency to your soup, use an additional cup of chicken broth. Crumble tortilla chips into your bowl to mimic tortilla soup. If you find the soup slightly too spicy, try stirring some sour cream into your portion. You can even stretch this one a bit with the addition of a can of white beans.