Pressure Cooker Meatballs
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup warm water
- Mix ground beef, eggs, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl; shape into meatballs using 1½ tablespoons each.
- Heat oil in the pot of a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Brown meatballs in hot oil on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce and water over the meatballs.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Serve immediately with sauce from the pot on the side.
Be sure to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese in these meatballs. You'll get much better texture and flavor that way! Use your favorite pasta sauce for simmering these. Marinara is a great base, but feel free to use vodka sauce or a tomato-basil sauce, too. The meatballs work well in multiple sauces!
For more pressure cooker recipes using ground beef you might enjoy:
What others are saying
McKenzie C says:
I used vodka sauce (my favorite) with spiralized zucchini. Delicious! These meatballs were easy to make, my only issue is that I have to brown the meatballs in batches instead of all once, like I could do in a large skillet. Still, I think the quick cooking time makes up for it and they're good perfectly every time.
Garcia B says:
Used the meatballs to make a sub sandwich and they were a big hit with the entire family. We just used hoagie style bread and cheese to make a complete meal.
Erin Hudson says:
I used ground turkey instead of beef to make these meatballs. Such an easy alternative where I can reduce my red meat intake. These cooked nicely in the pot, and had great flavor too.
Nicole N says:
Forgot to add the Parmesan when making the meatballs but they still turned out great. They were moist and very tasty with the jarred spicy marinara sauce I used. I served with either rice or on a hoagie bun topped with mozzarella. The whole family liked them (even those who don't normally eat meatballs). I look forward to using the Parmesan cheese next time.
Roli Ze says:
I just made it and added some fresh herbs to it and it was awesome