Pressure Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
For best results, we recommend using:
- Spread chicken into the bottom of your pressure cooker pot.
- Stir brown sugar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, chicken stock, hoisin sauce, and garlic together in a bowl to dissolve the sugar completely; pour over the chicken.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 7 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure. Press Cancel. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Press Sauté.
- Stir cornstarch into water in a small bowl to dissolve; stir into the liquid in the pot and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken and diced pineapple into the sauce to coat.
- Serve with rice.
You could use canned pineapple and the juice from the can, but definitely consider fresh pineapple and a separate juice when making this. The pineapple will have a little more snap to it and provide a nice textural contrast to the chicken. Plus the pineapple juice simply has better flavor than what is used to can the pineapple. Use a hollowed pineapple to create a pineapple boat for serving the rice and chicken.
What others are saying
Brandi Ulrich says:
Awesome recipe. I added some red pepper flakes for some heat.
Mindy Langweiler says:
Super easy to make and absolutely delicious. I did a combo of white and dark meat and it was absolutely tender. Probably the best chicken I’ve ever made at home. I might add some veggies to it next time, like snap peas or broccoli to make it a more well rounded meal. Will definitely go into dinner rotation!
Christi Beach says:
Totally great recipe! The chicken was moist and loaded with flavor. I don't buy chicken thighs, so I substituted with cubed up boneless skinless chicken breasts. I read that (1) boneless skinless chicken thigh is about 3 ounces of meat, so I used about 24 ounces (1.5 lbs) of chicken breast to replace the 8 thighs. It worked great!
Santana Williams says:
I made this sans the brown sugar (I used honey), and it was sweet, sticky and delicious. The meat was really tender, one of the perks of using a pc. I served it with plain white rice right out of the pineapple bowl just like the picture. Yummy!
Jordan Clark says:
I used canned pineapple juice and light brown sugar to make this delicious chicken recipe. Brown rice was the perfect compliment to this dish. The one thing I'm most impressed with is not flavor, but how tender the meat was. Cooking with a pressure cooker ensures the meat won't dry out. Loved it!
Dominique M says:
I used 6 chicken thighs instead of 8, and I think it was the perfect amount for two servings. I also didn't add any diced pineapples at the end. I just served chicken with rice in the pineapple bowl. Very good!
Alex Cabral says:
Really delicious! To add some heat, I also used thin jalapeño slices, which I mixed in at the end. I also garnished with diced green onions. This is perfect for entertaining, my friends love it when I make this recipe.
McKenzie C says:
This was a really easy recipe to make in my Multipot. I used pineapple juice from a can, but did use fresh pineapple and made the pineapple boats to serve. Delicious!