Pressure Cooker Asparagus
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour water into the pot of your pressure cooker. Place trivet over the water. Place steamer basket on the trivet.
- Arrange asparagus into the steamer basket.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil in a bowl to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve asparagus with lemon wedges.
The trivet and steamer basket included with your pressure cooker are terrific tools for quick-steaming vegetables in your appliance. You can add juice or vinegar to the water to lend a slight essence to your steamed vegetables or use just water and season at will afterwards. You can even pair your steamed vegetables with your favorite sauces.
For more pressure cooker steamed vegetable recipes you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Paula Kulina says:
One minute was perfect. I did have to trim a bit from the ends to fit it into the pot.
Erin Hudson says:
I usually grill my asparagus but I wanted to try something different. I used coconut oil instead of olive oil and used a smoked Himalayan sea salt when I made them. They went great with my oven roasted pork loin.
Garcia B says:
I did salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sprinkled the asparagus with fresh shaved parm cheese and a fried egg on top. Delicious!
Jazzy Brewer says:
On the first try I left these on keep warm a couple minutes too long so they were super delicate. Made them a second time, following the recipe exactly and they were perfect. This is the best way to make asparagus, for sure.
Danielle Plourde Coles says:
most delicious!!!! and I don't even like asparagus!!!! Now I do!