Pressure Cooker Honey-Glazed Carrots
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Whisk water and 1 tablespoon honey together in a small bowl; pour into the pot of a pressure cooker.
- Arrange carrots into the liquid in the pot.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 4 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove carrots to a serving dish.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons honey and the brown sugar with the liquid in the pot; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened and lightly golden in color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon honey glaze over carrots; season with salt and pepper to serve.
If honey is a bit too sweet for your palate, try using orange juice instead. You get some natural sugar and a nice citrus hue to the flavor. You can also use the steamer rack to steam the carrots above the liquid, rather than cooking in the liquid. May be a little more crisp, but will not absorb as much of the sweetness.
What others are saying
Erin Hudson says:
I'm a big fan of carrots so this recipe is saved in my favorites. I added some sliced almonds to top the carrots and I paired them with a nice med rare prime rib.
Garcia B says:
I used baby carrots instead of whole carrots. I really like the honey glaze. I was expecting it to be thicker, but it wasn’t which actually worked out better.
Melissa P says:
Used orange juice instead of honey, definitely think it would have been too sweet. Loved the citrus notes, and how incredibly easy to make. I have a baby who loves carrots so now that I know how easy it is to make in the pressure cooker I’ll be making it all the time.