Pressure Cooker Sticky Chili-Garlic Noodles with Chicken
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 8 ounces pad Thai-style rice noodles
- optional toppings: sliced bell pepper, chopped green onion, and sesame seeds
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir water, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili sauce, olive oil, and garlic together in the pot of a pressure cooker until smooth; add chicken and rice noodles.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 3 minutes on High pressure.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Divide chicken and noodles between plates; top with bell pepper, green onion, and sesame seeds to serve.
Feel free to spice-up this dish to your preference, though add the seasoning after pressure cooking to keep the heat from getting too intense. Sambal Oelek and sriracha are great condiments for this style dish.
What others are saying
Kimberly Lister says:
Absolutely loved this meal! Added ginger to the sauce, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to the chicken and noodles! Cooked 5 minutes to make sure the veggies softened! Perfect!
Alma Mazziotti says:
So yummy! I added broccoli to mine.
Alex Hamilton says:
Followed recipe exactly and it was perfect.
Julia Kang says:
It really is sticky! I think I added too much sugar. I'll have to adjust next time I make this. Chicken isn't dry and the noodles are full of flavor.
Julie Benningfield says:
Came out perfect. I only added a quarter tspn of ginger and a quarter tspn of white pepper.
Barbara Rasse says:
This was delicious!!! The chicken was tender and flavorful and the noodles were sticky! Everyone raved about it and I can’t stop thinking about it! It will definitely be on our go-to meal plan for week night dinners!
Santana Williams says:
This recipe is so great, it's really quick and delicious. It didn't take me 30 minutes and I was able to walk away and let the pressure cooker do it's thing. Best investment ever!
Dominique M says:
I used Thai chili paste instead of the sweet chili sauce, and it was delicious. Probably one of the better recipes I've tried in awhile.
Monica Allen says:
This recipe is best when eaten hot. I made it, ate a couple bites, and wrapped it up to eat later. The noodles kind of clumped together, which makes sense because they're sticky. I definitely thought they tasted best fresh. Going to make this again!
Jordan Clark says:
This is one of my favorite new recipes. These noodles came out extra sticky which is a good thing. I can't believe how well they cooked in my pressure cooker. The chicken thighs were very tasty, especially because I added extra fresh garlic. I topped mine with bell peppers, it was so yummy!
DC Cote says:
I'm obsessed with this recipe. I've made it with and without chicken - definitely prefer the one with meat. Pad Thai noodles work great, they come out extra sticky and flavorful. i don't even use any toppings other than toasted sesame seeds. Love!