Chai Tea Latte
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 chai tea bags
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir milk, vanilla, and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; bring to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the milk simmers, place 1 tea bag into each mug. Pour 1½ cups water over each bag. Steep tea for 2 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- Blend milk mixture on High using an immersion blender fitted with the blade attachment until very frothy, 30 seconds to 1 minute; pour over brewed tea. You can also pour the milk mixture into a standard blender and blend on Low, working up to High, until mixture is frothy.
Use a timer for steeping your tea. Black tea gets more astringent the longer it brews, which will greatly effect your final cuppa, so find the right steeping time for your palate and then time it every time. Tea steeps best when the water is boiling right before added to the tea, so do not let your water cool once you have it boiling! Have everything ready to go for best results.