Mashed (Cauliflower) “Potatoes”
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place cauliflower, garlic cloves, thyme springs into your pressure cooker steamer basket; season with salt, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Pour water into the pot of your pressure cooker. Place steamer rack over the water. Set steamer basket onto rack. Place steamer basket onto rack.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place, set steam vent handle to Sealing, and select Pressure Cook on High for 4 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove steamer basket and trivet from the pressure cooker. Drain water from the pot and return to pressure cooker base.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs from the basket and pour cauliflower into the drained pot.
- Purée cauliflower using an immersion blender fitted with the blade attachment until smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stir butter into cauliflower to melt.
Want to save time? Buy a bag of pre-cut cauliflower. Prefer to save money? Cut it up yourself! Both are great options depending on your lifestyle.
If you don't have an immersion blender, use a hand mixer! Make sure to not over mix.
What others are saying
Ronald Mandigo says:
Very happy with the cauliflower mash potatoes, they came out great just like mashed potatoes.
Caro Hodgin says:
So flavorful, you really don't miss the potatoes at all.